Monday, June 15, 2009

Today begins...Read the Bible in 90 Days with Me!

Ok…off and reading. I read day 1 of our Bible reading while waiting in the orthodontist office for my son to get his braces put on.

I so enjoyed reading about creation, Noah and Abraham.


Why is it that only a few of the men we read about today “walked with God”? It is such a great reminder of the sin-filled nature we are all born with.


I want to believe that children of God-fearing parents would pass down a legacy of relationship with God. Yet, we all have a free will and choice in how we will live.


Maybe it is just me, but I am continually disappointed to read about Eve and Sarai and the choices they made…did find comfort in seeing that Adam was standing next to Eve when she ate of the fruit and that Abram asked Sarai to lie and say he was her sister out of fear. I guess we all fall short in one way or another…


Blessings,
Shelly, Pastor to Women
Women's Website
90 Bible Reading Schedule

2 comments:

  1. I did it!!! ☺ Totally planned to only read the New Testament in 90 days (which is SO doable) but in the spirit of Mariners Church, I chose to do something God sized & try. I read day 1 and upon finishing my first 16 chapters got excited! I guess I'm carrying my Bible with me everywhere now! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing myself in Eve and Sarai has inspired me to become more receptive to God's work in my life. I really do not want to live a life that is predominantly one of defeat. I'm believing God to do a total restoration on me as we go through His Word in 90 days!

    ReplyDelete