Friday, June 19, 2009

Be. Light. Thursday - Minnie St. & CPK

What a day! We left Minnie Street and when we all got to CPK, amazingly they sat us almost instantly even though the place was PACKED!

As we were being served and getting everything we needed I was able to just pray solo for a bit and kind of take it all in just looking at our waitress Alanna, doing everything possible to please us. All I kept thinking was poor girl. She has a full day ahead of her, the lunch rush hasn’t even hit. I wondered what her life was like. Before we started eating Terry wanted to say grace, so she kindly and respectfully asked Alanna if we could pray for her for anything in particular going on in her life or work. Alanna said "Okay, but can you make it really fast?!" then she knelt down right in between us and we all just bowed our heads as Terry prayed. By no means was it FAST..it was this very detailed prayer asking the Lord to bless Alanna in her life, work, mind, spirit, walk with the Lord, and so on...oh, and to please bless our food so it may nourish our bodies and thank you for providing. Amen! HA!! I LOVED IT!!!! She did not allow Alanna to "speed up" her prayer...so, so, soooo GOD!

Alanna thanked us and left. Then shortly after came Vladimir to refill our water. He only came to my side, so I asked him kind of on the fly, if he had family at home and he said yes. I asked him if I could pray for him in any specific way and he said with a puzzled look "Yes, and for my work, too!" So I assured him that by the next refill we would have prayed for him. When he came back he told us he has little children and asked us to please pray for them, too. Then each time our eyes met, he smiled a big smile!!!

It was a great day…just how God planned it to be!!

Jo
Serve Core Team Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment